Areas of involvement
|HS patients (n=164, 121 females, 43 males)||Female||Male||p (statistical significance)|
|Axillary||30 (70%)||NS (not significant)|
|Mammary and inter-mammary||31 (26%)||2 (5%)||0.006|
|Inguino-femoral||111 (92%)||32 (74%)||0.007|
|Perianal and Perineal||40 (33%)||24 (56%)||0.01|
|Buttocks||30 (25%)||21 (50%)||0.006|
Treatments may vary depending on the template and the severity of the disease. Due to the poorly studied the nature of this disease, the effectiveness of drugs and therapies listed below is unclear, and patients should discuss all options with their doctor or dermatologist. Specify Almost a quarter of patients that nothing relieves theirsymptoms.
Download Fast Hidradenitis Suppurativa Cure FREE PDF E-BOOK. Just share with friends and you’ll see download button
Possible treatments include the following:
– To avoid changes in diet inflammatory foods, foods high in refined carbohydrates.
– Warm compresses with distilled water and vinegar in hot baths with distilled white vinegar in the water hydrotherapy, balneotherapy.
– Icing the inflamed area is noted daily until pain reduction.
– Weight loss in overweight and obese patients and smoking cessation can improve or even to alleviate many symptoms of hidradenitis suppurativa.
– Wash with benzoyl peroxide can be effective.
– Antibiotic – is taken orally, are not used because of their anti-inflammatory properties for the treatment of infections. Most effective is a combination of rifampicin and clindamycin is given simultaneously for 2-3 months. This leads to remission in about three-quarters of cases. Some popular antibiotics are used to treat hidradenitis suppurativa include tetracycline, minocycline and clindamycin.
– Corticosteroid injections. Also known as intralesional steroids: can be prevented particularly useful for localized disease when the drug escapes through the sinuses.
– Vitamin A supplementation.
– Anti-androgen therapy: Hormone therapy with cyproterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol proved to be effective in randomized controlled trials. Doses reported very high.
– The intravenous or subcutaneous infusion of anti-inflammatory (anti-TNF-alpha) drugs such as infliximab (Remicade), etanercept (Enbrel) and adalimumab (Humira). This use of these drugs is not Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is somewhat controversial, and therefore can not be covered by insurance.
– Zinc gluconate has been shown verbally, taken to induce remission.
– Chlorhexidine (Hibiclens), and an antibiotic soap to clean the skin surface. Hexachlorophene shower with soap as Phisohex and cover wounds with Metro lotion after medical showers. These will be general measures that are the foundation of any good medical treatment and management plan for hidradenitis suppurativa.
– Current Clindamycin has been shown that an effect to have in double-blind, placebo-controlled studies. – Current resorcinol is a keratolytic agent that the follicular keratin plugs goals and has been shown to have efficacy in several case studies series.
Electron beam radiation has been a successful treatment of hidradenitis, especially in Europe; it is not a common treatment option in most of the United States, such as refuse radiation therapists typically, patients with non-malignant diseases because of the potential for secondary radiation-induced tumors in the long-term treatment.
When the process is chronic wide surgical excision is the method of choice. Wounds in the affected area does not heal by secondary intention, and the immediate application of a split skin graft is more appropriate.
Read about e-book ‘Fast Hidradenitis Suppurativa Cure’ which can help you to treat hidradenitis suppurativa.